CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY: Canvas Wall Art


We moved into our new house in April when I was eight months pregnant with Jace.  Between all of the remodeling and trying to get the nursery finished, I didn't have much time for decorating around the house.  Five months later I finally have some (hardly any) free time to decorate, so each room gets a little decor at a time.

I have been concentrating on the main rooms of the house since that is what visitors see.  No one ever goes in our bedroom, so up until recently it had absolutely nothing on the walls.  This drove me insane because it didn't feel "homey" enough and truthfully I never wanted to spend any time in there. I decided it was time to add something to the empty walls.

When we first moved in I made some super cute canvas wall art for our guest bathroom.  It looks nice, but most importantly was easy on my wallet!



I figured I could easily do the same above our bed, just with different sized canvas.




It took me about fifteen minutes from the time I started until the wall art was hung.  Did I mention it only cost me $11.00?

What you'll need:

- (3) 12x12 Canvas (Any amount or size will work, this is just what I used)
- (3) Coordinating pieces of 12x12 scrapbook paper
- Coordinating acrylic paint
- Mod Podge
- (2) Foam brushes


Start by painting all four sides of the canvas with the acrylic paint.  For a more opaque finish you might need two coats.  I like being able to see some of the white show through so I only do one coat.



Once you've done all three give them a few minutes to dry completely.



Take one of the pieces of canvas and apply a thick coat of Mod Podge just on the surface.  Make sure you coat the corners and edges really well.  Next take a piece of your scrapbook paper and center it on the canvas.  Press it down, working from the center outwards and smoothing out any bumps that may appear.



Repeat this step with the other two pieces of canvas and voila, you're done!



Now hang them up in your bathroom, bedroom, or wherever you need a little wall decor!


-Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment